I have an iPad, and just switched out my iPhone for a samsung galaxy s6. I've been using iMessage but i know that i can't access iMessage from my galaxy s6. will iPad still receive iMessages even though my phone will accept it as a text?
    08-09-2016 11:47 AM
    Yes your iPad can and still will receive iMessages and Facetimes, from Apple contacts via your Apple ID which is based on your email address, NOT your phone number. Your Android phone will get SMS and MMS text and media messages like any phone including from iPhone contacts. Those contacts will have a choice when they send you a text or media message to use your number and thus it ONLY goes to your Android phone, OR to use your email and thus it ONLY goes to your iPad. It won't go to both.
    Yes because they have been for mucho years now.
    08-09-2016 11:57 AM
    Yes your iPad can and still will receive iMessages and Facetimes, from Apple contacts via your Apple ID which is based on your email address, NOT your phone number. Your Android phone will get SMS and MMS text and media messages like any phone including from iPhone contacts. Those contacts will have a choice when they send you a text or media message to use your number and thus it ONLY goes to your Android phone, OR to use your email and thus it ONLY goes to your iPad. It won't go to both.
    08-09-2016 01:37 PM