Why has my iPhone 5s come up asking for a 6 digit code?

I

iMore Question

Why has my iPhone 5s come up asking for a 6 digit code

After my iphone5s was updated It is now asking for a 6 digit screen unlock code which I have neva used before

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why has my iPhone 5s come up asking for a 6 digit code

Is it asking you to specify one or enter one in order to unlock the phone?

If the latter: you must have entered the 6 digits somewhere before or after the update.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

After my iphone5s was updated It is now asking for a 6 digit screen unlock code which I have neva used before

Welcome to iMore! This happened to my wife as well as some other users here on the forum. I think it's just Apple's way of gently nudging users into using more secure passcodes on their devices. I believe you can change it back to a four-digit code afterward, although my wife opted to stick with the longer code.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204060

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! This happened to my wife as well as some other users here on the forum. I think it's just Apple's way of gently nudging users into using more secure passcodes on their devices. I believe you can change it back to a four-digit code afterward, although my wife opted to stick with the longer code.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204060

My wife had the same issue. Really no big deal

Deaverl

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I think that since iOS 9 the password is 6 characters long by default but you can change it back to 4 in the settings menu

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73