Find a friend alert notification incorrect?
I set up my phone on find a friend to notify me when my husband left the house so I could watch for him to get close so I could help him carry stuff in our new house and I received the alert saying he left the house and he did not leave he was actually still there? I don't understand why it said he left if he didn't?
- 08-08-2016, 04:50 PM #2
- 10,942 Posts
Re: Find a friend alert notification incorrect?
Because as wonderful geolocation is, it works with GPS and cellular signal triangulation and wifi locations.
Sometimes when the signal is weak or there is some fluctuations in them your phone can appear to be somewhere else. A phone can appear to be 10 feet away from its real location and such.
That's the reason Find Friends app assumed you're husband left the house.
It's best to set Find Friends to give you an alert as your husband gets close to a location so you'll know he'll be home soon.
Or you could go the classic way and let him honk when he's arrived.
- 08-09-2016, 11:15 AM #3
- By Julisse Castro in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2016, 12:36 PM
- By lakehorn in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2016, 09:06 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2016, 09:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-07-2016, 06:00 PM
- By MrMars in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-07-2016, 10:20 AM