Extra Item in AirPlay List
On my home network, I have 2 TV devices. Whenever I tap the AirPlay button on any of the phones or iPads in my house, I get a list including 3 TV's.
I got rid of my oldest one awhile back. It's no longer on my network. It's not even plugged in.
Still, when tapping AirPlay, I see:
- Apple TV (this is the old one)
- New TV
- Classic TV
In case it matters, the two I still have show up immediately. The old one plops itself onto the list after 5-10 seconds.
How can I permanently get rid of the deprecated device?
- 08-07-2016, 06:57 AM #2
- 38,470 Posts
Re: Extra Item in AirPlay List
If I had to guess, I'd say that you may need to login to the iCloud website, select the Find My iPhone features, select "Display All Devices" and then remove the old TV from the listing. Alternatively, it could be a neighbor's TV. I mean, with Peer to Peer AirPlay, your devices do not have to be on the same Wi-Fi network, according to Apple.
- By darriusghodges in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 10Last Post: 08-11-2016, 09:26 PM
- By edswife1970 in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 08-07-2016, 01:31 PM
- By Rafagon in forum Pokemon GoReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2016, 05:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2016, 02:35 PM
- By Lancer84 in forum MacBook AirReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2016, 10:26 AM