Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Iphone 5s touch jumping/ghost clicking

My iPhone 5s yesterday evening began to ghost click onto parts of the screen I wasn't touching or if I was typing a message it would select random letters, today however it is now completely touching the other end of the screen at times or opening apps on its own. However only when I touch the screen, it doesn't do this when no one is touching it. I recently had to get the phone because my last iPhone 5s would completely select things on its own and I couldn't control the screen, seems this one is doing the same gradually getting worse. My phone hasn't been dropped or been exposed to any liquids, I updated it a while ago but the problem started much later. I have tried turning it on and off which doesn't help, updating it to the recent update but still to no prevail. So I don't know why it would suddenly break like this? Is there anyway to manually fix this or will I have to possibly get it seen to or a new phone, thanks.

Default Re: Iphone 5s touch jumping/ghost clicking

If the iPhone does not have water damage, hasn't been dropped or damaged whatsoever, and isn't jailbroken, then I recommend one or both of the following:

1. Put the device in recovery or DFU mode and restore it. Do not restore from a backup. Set it up as new.

2. Make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.