Should I really be regularly updating apps that are working fine?

I

iMore Question

I have seen some updates cripple app features without paying for premium, or just plain "break" apps that were working fine. Thus, I tend to avoid updating apps, but as the number of apps I have has grown over time, individually checking reviews isn't realistic.

What is a good game plan for when to update apps? What are the pros and cons of periodically updating all? Looking for the best (or a reasonably good) system.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I personally let my apps auto update and honestly haven't experienced any updates having any debilitating effects on my apps or phone!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most updates contain improvements. I update manually just in case there's one updating something I don't like. But that's very rare. You can do a "wait and see" approach. See what others say about the update first. But that's not always a good barometer. I just update and if it goes bad, they usually update to fix it. Most updates go smoothly.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I update one app at a time.
That way I can read the changes & enhancements before I update.
I never skip an update & have never had a problem.
Good Luck

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Most updates contain improvements. I update manually just in case there's one updating something I don't like. But that's very rare. You can do a "wait and see" approach. See what others say about the update first. But that's not always a good barometer. I just update and if it goes bad, they usually update to fix it. Most updates go smoothly.

I do the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2