Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Can't find deleted documents from my Pages app on my iPad, OR in iCloud.

For whatever reason I was messing around on iCloud Drive, and documents from Pages ended up there. I didn't want that, per some sensitive information therein, so tried to delete from the I-Drive. The warning popped up permanent deletion, but the way it was worded, it was easily mistaken that it was only to be deleted from iCloud, not my Pages app! Now, the documents are nowhere to be found.

Default Re: Can't find deleted documents from my Pages app on my iPad, OR in iCloud.

If I recall correctly, by enabling iCloud Drive it tells you all your documents in pages, notes and sorts will be using iCloud Drive from now on. You can cancel or continue with iCloud Drive from there on.

Since you enabled it all your documents ended up in iCloud Drive and deleting the file deleted it from pages as well.

However, there is no need for panic since Apple has a Restore Files option for this kind of mistakes.

Go to iCloud.com on a computer, log in, go to Settings. There you will see Restore Files under Advanced in the lower-most-right of the page.

Good luck.