i get the message "imap.gmail is not responding. will only update every few days. And I can't get facebook to load. I've had trouble since I got the phone with texting. Something to do with imessaging vs the other.
    08-01-2016 11:35 AM
    Welcome to iMore! There could be a plethora of things going wrong here but one common element is data. Are you in a low reception area? If that's not the case it's probably either hardware or software related. I recommend restoring your device, setting it up as new, and then slowly adding your apps back in. If you're still having problems it might be hardware related. In that case, take your device into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support.
    08-01-2016 12:25 PM
    I have the same problem with fetching my gmail it is very annoying i just power phone down and re power it back up
    08-01-2016 02:07 PM
    I recommend restoring your device, setting it up as new, and then slowly adding your apps back in. If you're still having problems it might be hardware related. In that case, take your device into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support.

Very good, and sound advice.

As for the texting, I've found that disabling iMessage and turning it back on has helped some people.
    08-02-2016 01:47 AM