i want to unlock iphone se by placing finger only on sensor but not pressing home button.

I

iMore Question

my point of view is i want to use unlock option on iphone se by only touching finger on home button.
but not pressing home button , first awake the phone then unlock it using finger sensor.
i have been using iphone 5s previously in which u just have to touch the home button the phone gets unlock immediately.

so please kindly advise .
kind regards
Laxman Singh

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Raise to Wake is coming in iOS 10. It will be under General > Display & Brightness. Then it will work the way you describe.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Rest Finger To Open will be in iOS 10 in September. It's located in Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button > Toggle on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's already there in 9.3.3, but the option to disable it is in 10.

Rest Finger To Open isn't on my old 5 running 9.3.3. I've been on 10 beta with my 6s Plus. So I don't know. But that's what he asked about. Not raise to wake.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Rest Finger To Open isn't on my old 5 running 9.3.3. I've been on 10 beta with my 6s Plus. So I don't know. But that's what the he asked about. Not raise to wake.

Exactly. Rest to unlock requires Touch ID, which is only available on the iPhone 5s or newer.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Rest Finger To Open isn't on my old 5 running 9.3.3. I've been on 10 beta with my 6s Plus. So I don't know. But that's what he asked about. Not raise to wake.

It's currently on my fiance's SE (the OP has the 5s) which is running stock 9.3.3. I can find no option for it anywhere in the settings. The option to disable it is added in 10.

Enabling Raise to Wake along with Rest Finger to Open will give him/her the functionality he/she is looking for, which is turning on the phone and unlocking it without having to press any buttons.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's currently on my fiance's SE (the OP has the 5s) which is running stock 9.3.3. I can find no option for it anywhere in the settings. The option to disable it is added in 10.

Enabling Raise to Wake along with Rest Finger to Open will give him/her the functionality he/she is looking for, which is turning on the phone and unlocking it without having to press any buttons.

I call it the option to enable, rather than disable. Mine was disabled by default. Lol