iPad Storage Issue

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So Coles notes version.....My kids have a 16GB iPad mini. iOS 8.0.2 currently. They had 3 videos (Disney movies) that just stopped working and a cloud icon appeared over the movie icon in the video app. iCloud is not and has never been enabled on this iPad.

I tried to add another digital copy and it's says not enough storage.

There is no video data under usage. There are only 21 apps. One is using 500MB. The rest are using between 100 and 200MB
In the photos app there are 2 videos and 7 pictures but under settings>general>about it says there are 43 videos and 163 pictures.

As far as I can tell there is about 7-8GB being used but the iPad says there is less than 1GB free and won't allow me to put any new movies on the iPad.

What's up here? Why is the iPad giving me all this false storage info and telling me the videos are in the cloud when there is no iCloud active in the device?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried syncing the device with iTunes? Doing so can sometimes clear storage discrepancies.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried syncing the device with iTunes? Doing so can sometimes clear storage discrepancies.

Sorry. Was on vacation. Yes I did that. Correctly displaying picture and video counts now but I am sure the amount of free memory, although closer to what I expected, is still incorrect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2