What does it mean when a light gray crescent moon next to someone's name in text?

I

iMore Question

A little moon suddenly appeared next to one of my contacts name in text. What does that mean? How did it get there?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A little moon suddenly appeared next to one of my contacts name in text. What does that mean? How did it get there?

The Do Not Disturb option is enabled for that particular contact. To disable it, select the circled i in the thread conversation, and then disable the toggle next to "Do Not Disturb".

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It means you put that conversation in Do not Disturb.

Tap the "❗️" in the upper right corner in the conversation and disable Do not Disturb.

kacapone

May 18, 2018
Visit site
: What does it mean when a light gray crescent moon next to someone's name in text?

Open conversation, click details in the upper right corner, shut of hide alerts.

kathie carolina

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
Re: : What does it mean when a light gray crescent moon next to someone's name in text?

Text symbols are a great way to add emotions and mood. Where the sun text symbol is used to portray different meanings, the moon symbol is also used to add softness, aesthetics, and beauty to text messages.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: : What does it mean when a light gray crescent moon next to someone's name in text?

Text symbols are a great way to add emotions and mood. Where the sun text symbol is used to portray different meanings, the moon symbol is also used to add softness, aesthetics, and beauty to text messages.

Hello and welcome to iMore. This thread is over 4 years old… and I believe that people who posted earlier on this thread answered initial question.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2