Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default What does it mean when a light gray crescent moon next to someone's name in text?

A little moon suddenly appeared next to one of my contacts name in text. What does that mean? How did it get there?

Default Re: What does it mean when a light gray crescent moon next to someone's name in text?

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    A little moon suddenly appeared next to one of my contacts name in text. What does that mean? How did it get there?
    The Do Not Disturb option is enabled for that particular contact. To disable it, select the circled i in the thread conversation, and then disable the toggle next to "Do Not Disturb".

Default Re: What does it mean when a light gray crescent moon next to someone's name in text?

It means you put that conversation in Do not Disturb.

Tap the "❗️" in the upper right corner in the conversation and disable Do not Disturb.

If you're on iOS 9.3.3, then tap "details" in the upper right corner, rather than the "i".
    Tartarus likes this.