Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default My iPhone6 + browsing history, shows up on my husband's MacBook Pro. I would like to turn that off!

So if I surf the net, all my surfing and history shows up on the MacBook Pro. My IM and text messages end up there too.

Default Re: My iPhone6 + browsing history, shows up on my husband's MacBook Pro. I would like to turn that

Welcome to iMore! This is happening because both devices are sharing the same Apple ID. I recommend creating a separate Apple ID for one of the devices (see the link). Otherwise, you'll have to sign out of Messages and disable Safari in your iCloud settings so that it isn't pulling over all of your browser history.
    http://www.imore.com/how-create-new-...iphone-or-ipad
    iMore Genius

Default Re: My iPhone6 + browsing history, shows up on my husband's MacBook Pro. I would like to turn that

It happens because either you are using his iCloud account or he is using yours or you have a shared account. You can fix the Messages issue (texts) by going into Messages on the MacBook Pro. Then under preferences go to Accounts and under the you can be reached at look for your phone number or email and uncheck them. Then for the browsing history go to System Prefs on the Macbook Pro and iCloud look for Safari and uncheck it. If you both use the same iCloud account then I would suggest one of you setting up a new account. As an example my wife and I both have separate iCloud accounts but we both use my Apple ID for purchases so we can both share.
    iMore Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Otherwise, you'll have to sign out of Messages and disable Safari in your iCloud settings so that it isn't pulling over all of your browser history.
    How to create a new Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad | iMore
    Also this