How can I restore my missing files at once
I opened iTunes and most of my songs have a ! mark and when I try to play them, says that "original files are missing", now I find them but there are over 2,000 files to restore, could you please tell me what's the best way to do it?
I'll appreciate your help
- 07-27-2016, 07:27 PM #2
- 10,955 Posts
Re: How can I restore my missing files at once
This happened to me once as well. (Ok, I did it my self )
1: Open iTunes, select a song with exclamation mark, tap Get Info after right clicking and see what folder it says the original file should have been.
See where the file now is and move either the whole directory to its intended location, or:
2: Open iTunes, place all the songs with the exclamation mark in a playlist, tap Get Info at the first song and locate the songs new place, tap next and do the same 2000 times.
It seems impossible to do, but believe me, with enough determination it's possible.
If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2016, 12:35 PM
- By luvmy2minions in forum Rumored Apple Hardware & SoftwareReplies: 3Last Post: 07-28-2016, 04:23 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2016, 07:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2016, 07:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2016, 06:42 PM