Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default cloud services vs external drive

I am looking to clear up some space on my iPad and iPhone , I would like to either use additional cloud storage or external drive like Ileef bridge or sea gate wireless drive , I would like to hear from anyone who has used external drives vs clouds

Default Re: cloud services vs external drive

Welcome to iMore!

I have my own 5TB Seagate Personal Cloud. I do not have to worry about anything with it. I can access it from anywhere and it allows my to store things on it from any of my  devices. I only had to pay for it once and do not have to worry about monthly subscription fees. I use it for all my pictures, movies & music mostly. These are the things that will take up the most storage on your devices. It comes with its own app for transferring your files. Not had a single issue with it.

Nothing against cloud storage, but I am not comfortable with anyone but myself having control of my personal files.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: cloud services vs external drive

I heard you cannot load iTunes onto a cloud what do you do for iTunes or movies you want to download ? If you don't use iTunes for movies what do you use ?