Can't unjailbreak my iPhone 6 - iOS 9.3.3

I

iMore Question

I installed the jailbreak where it automatically downloads Cydia without a computer. It worked fine for at least an hour and a half. But then I couldn't open cydia so I tried the method that it suggested - to redownload the jailbreak - only the problem is that I can't verify the app through profiles & management. I can't restore a backup because my iTunes can't connect to my iPhone, I already tried erasing my iPhone, and as I had said, I can't open Cydia and remove it. Please help, as I cannot remove this jailbreak from my iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed the jailbreak where it automatically downloads Cydia without a computer. It worked fine for at least an hour and a half. But then I couldn't open cydia so I tried the method that it suggested - to redownload the jailbreak - only the problem is that I can't verify the app through profiles & management. I can't restore a backup because my iTunes can't connect to my iPhone, I already tried erasing my iPhone, and as I had said, I can't open Cydia and remove it. Please help, as I cannot remove this jailbreak from my iPhone.

Why can't iTunes "connect to" your iPhone? Are you saying that it doesn't detect your iPhone when connected via USB cable? If not, do you have a damaged connector port or something? If you do not, and your USB cable isn't damaged and the USB port on your computer is operating properly then iTunes should detect your iPhone. Put the device in recovery or DFU mode, connect it to your computer and then restore it via iTunes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It works in recovery mode, but even then, it shows error 1671 when I try to restore with an update.

The best solution is always to put it in DFU mode. In DFU mode the OS is not loaded and you can just start fresh. If you get an error then there are a couple of things you can check. Make sure your iTunes is the most up to date version. Make sure you are using an Apple USB cable to connect the phone. Make sure your cable is plugged directly into the computer not through a USB hub. These are all things that I have faced errors from in the past when JBing. Then make sure you have the steps for DFU mode down right if done correctly the screen on the iPhone should be blank but iTunes will register an iPhone in recovery. If your iPhone has the screen with the cable going to iTunes logo then you're in recovery mode not DFU. DFU is the best mode to wipe it off and start fresh.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Let us know if you were able to put your phone in DFU mode.