i do not have an icloud, twitter, or any other form of social media. I do not use any apple products or software. I received verification for something that i never signed up for. This website has no actual form of support, so i can have this initiation of accounts that i have not requested, terminated. In no way shape or form have I any need for the verification that I received and I need a phone number to call and a real person to talk to at apple to have this issue resolved.
    07-25-2016 08:44 PM
    Thanks for letting us now.
    We are not Apple. We are not affiliated with Apple.
    We are a independent forum for everything Apple.

If you did not request a verification code, nor triggered one, someone most likely must have made an error and misspelled his number for yours.

Receiving a verification code is just that, a code, not a subscription or any thing, thus there is nothing to terminate.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-25-2016 08:55 PM
    Sounds like spam. It could have come from something you signed up for & provided your number or email address. If it doesn't say it's from Apple, then it's not from Apple. We're by no means affiliated with Apple but you can go to Apple's website to contact support. You might also want to contact your carrier, if this is something that came through text messaging.
    Just_Me_D and Ipheuria like this.
    07-25-2016 08:57 PM
    i do not have an icloud, twitter, or any other form of social media. I do not use any apple products or software. I received verification for something that i never signed up for. This website has no actual form of support, so i can have this initiation of accounts that i have not requested, terminated. In no way shape or form have I any need for the verification that I received and I need a phone number to call and a real person to talk to at apple to have this issue resolved.
    Okay, if you "do not use any Apple products or software", why are you seeking assistance here on an Apple-centric forum? Having said that, non-Apple products also receive verification codes, especially if they've enabled two-step authentication as stated in your original thread. Your phone "number" is either associated with a service where two-step authentication has been enabled or it could be SPAM. None of us here can say with certainty. Calling Apple is straight up useless in this situation, but hey, if you want to call them and hear them tell you the same thing stated in this post, go for it. Google Apple Support. Take care.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-26-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    07-26-2016 02:28 AM
    Hard to know what it is, but as mentioned above, we're not an Apple website.

Did the verification come from iMore or from Apple? Did it have any instructions or other information about what it was?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-26-2016 06:13 AM
    It also sounds like spam to me here is the real Apple site Apple you can look on the site for a contact link and speak with someone from Apple to determine if what you are seeing is real or fake.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-26-2016 08:43 AM