why does my iphone4s and my wife's iPhone 4s get each others texts?

I

iMore Question

We both get each others text messages, We have separate addresses

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.

Go on both devices to Settings > iMessage and uncheck everything what's the same on both devices.
This should prevent you from receiving each other's texts.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you sharing the same Apple ID? If so, you each need to use your own Apple ID for iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime.

You can sure the same Apple ID for iTunes if you wish. Or you can set up Family Sharing.

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Are the texts only from imessaging? If you both are using the same apple email you'll both get texts from other people that have an iPhone. Have someone text you from a non apple device. If only one of you get it. One of you need to create your own Apple email.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Are the texts only from imessaging? If you both are using the same apple email you'll both get texts from other people that have an iPhone. Have someone text you from a non apple device. If only one of you get it. One of you need to create your own Apple email.

This is not correct. They need separate Apple IDs. Not "Apple email".

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
My Apple ID and Apple email is the same exact one. I didn't have to create my Apple ID. I logged in with my Apple email. An Apple ID is an Apple email.

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
In essence your email registered with Apple. Is your ID. You use it to login to your device and imessaging. But either way. OP needs to get his own Apple ID / email address. Or his wife does. To rectify the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen