Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default can I chose just one album to keep the full rez photo on my iphone, when photos are set to optimize

I fly alot and would like to look at photos on my phone when I have no cell or wifi service. Is the away to make an album that keeps my photos in full rez. Also video?

Default Re: can I chose just one album to keep the full rez photo on my iphone, when photos are set to optim

Welcome to iMore! You can select "Download and Keep Originals" in Settings > iCloud > Photos. This will force full res photos to stay local on your device.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: can I chose just one album to keep the full rez photo on my iphone, when photos are set to optim

I understand that but I have way to many photos and videos to do that. I would just like to make one album to keep the original format photos or keep certain videos on my phone at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by skimmer747 View Post
    I understand that but I have way to many photos and videos to do that. I would just like to make one album to keep the original format photos or keep certain videos on my phone at all times.
    Try using a cloud based app like Box or Dropbox.
    iMore Nanite

Ya I guess Dropbox will work. It's unfortunate you can't do this with either photos or Google photos. You wouldn't think it would be that hard.