Trying to decide between IPAD Air 2 and IPAD mini 4

I

iMore Question

Trying to decide between an IPAD Air 2 or an IPAD mini 4 for my 9 year old son who would use it mainly for a lot of video games and for school purpose

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
For a 9 year old? I would go mini, its the perfect size for them. Even for us adults its a good size in many cases. YES the Air is more powerful and has a bigger better screen, BUT the mini has a great screen, and is THE perfect size for a schoolbag, and for mommy's handbag when necessary. Or daddy's "MANbag" (to quote Seinfield), lol!

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
For a 9 year old? I would go mini, its the perfect size for them. Even for us adults its a good size in many cases. YES the Air is more powerful and has a bigger better screen, BUT the mini has a great screen, and is THE perfect size for a schoolbag, and for mommy's handbag when necessary. Or daddy's "MANbag" (to quote Seinfield), lol!

I believe they are the same this time around, except for the pixel density.

Trying to decide between an IPAD Air 2 or an IPAD mini 4 for my 9 year old son who would use it mainly for a lot of video games and for school purpose

I would also agree with going with the Mini 4. I've always liked the mini series. They pack enough performance to run iOS well in a small form factor. I've used the Mini from the original first generation up to the Mini 4th gen (Skipped the 3rd because we all know it wasn't much of an upgrade). Traveling with the Mini is great (both abroad and for your daily commute). If you will be carrying it around, you will definitely notice the convenience factor of having a smaller sized iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711