Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Today I replaced my earphone jack on my 5s and not it won't turn on, any help?

PS: I also put in the old earphone jack and charging port but the phone still did not turn on. And when I say it's not turning on, there is nothing on the screen, not the red battery, not the white screen with the apply logo, nothing, the phone is completely unresponsive.

Default Re: Today I replaced my earphone jack on my 5s and not it won't turn on, any help?

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    PS: I also put in the old earphone jack and charging port but the phone still did not turn on. And when I say it's not turning on, there is nothing on the screen, not the red battery, not the white screen with the apply logo, nothing, the phone is completely unresponsive.
    Retrace your steps again, but more carefully. Maybe you've missed re-attaching something. Maybe you've shorted something out or the replacement part(s) is/are defective. In any case, you may need to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to get the problem resolved.