Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Iphone 6 types by itself

I have tried to restore from computer backup to see if that would correct the problem. The computer backup doesn't recognize the phone passcode or my Apple ID. I am very sure I am typing them in correctly. What should I try now.

Default Re: Iphone 6 types by itself

That's impossible. If you've created an iTunes or an iCloud backup of your iPhone 6 and then restored that backup onto your iPhone 6 then it will allow you to enter the same lock screen passcode to gain access to the home screens. Having said that, if you restored your iPhone 6 without first disabling the Find My iPhone option in the iCloud settings then after the device has been restored, you will be prompted to enter the passcode associated with the iCloud account assigned to the device. If you do not know it or cannot recall it, you need to go to the iCloud website via a computer to use the passcode retrieval tool. If you are still unable to recall or retrieve the passcode, there's nothing any of us can do for you.