Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iOS Gravity
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a MBA, and I was wondering if it could handle Logic Pro X and Final Cut and like a maximum of 3 games . I will be new to the Mac community if I get the MBA. Will it handle my needs ? If you can help thank you so much. ( I will be getting the 13in btw, the one in the pic )

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should I  Get A Mackbook Air ?-screenshot_2016-07-14-09-46-54.jpg  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,584 Global Posts

Default Re: Should I Get A Mackbook Air ?

If you're planning on going hardcore with video editing and playing some games, your money would be better spent on a MacBook Pro.
    pkcable likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Thank You for that I info, I'll check it out .

Quote Originally Posted by AsilentG View Post
    Hi, I'm thinking of getting a MBA, and I was wondering if it could handle Logic Pro X and Final Cut and like a maximum of 3 games . I will be new to the Mac community if I get the MBA. Will it handle my needs ? If you can help thank you so much. ( I will be getting the 13in btw, the one in the pic )

A MacBook Air with 8 GB RAM and a sufficient amount of flash storage should be sufficient for your needs, in my opinion, but as stated above, a MacBook Pro will probably be better if your needs are more in-line with a power user.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,619 Global Posts

Size and portability-wise the 13 inch MBP is NOT that much bigger and heavier than the MBA. It also has a newer processor, and is just a better all around computer.

This computer, also on sale at Bestbuy is just 100 dollars more than the one you are looking at and I think WELL worth the extra money!

Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Latest Model) - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage Silver MF839LL/A - Best Buy
    AsilentG likes this.