My phone is a 5c. Having problems with storage. Says there are many photos and videos taking up storage There are two photos on my phone because the camera doesn't work because of no storage. will not download email and anything else. I have nothing on my phone. Verizon suggested I backup my phone. Done on icloud. I'm afraid to delete everything off the phone. what if I lose everything and the backup won't reload on my phone.
    07-12-2016 07:22 PM
    Are the photos associated with iCloud? If so, login to the iCloud website via a computer and then download the pics and videos. Email that's associated with an email service will be saved on the service provider's servers. The same goes for Calendars, reminders, notes, and contacts. As for backups, you know you can make more than one. You can also make an iCloud and an iTunes backup. Anyway, once you safeguarded your data, go ahead and restore your device.
    07-12-2016 07:34 PM
    Welcome to iMore! What exactly is taking up space on your device? Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage, then tap Manage Storage (the first one, not the one under iCloud). It will bring up a list of items using up local storage space. Delete whatever you don't need.
    07-12-2016 07:34 PM
    Unfortunately, this is a common problem that is entirely Apple's fault. They do a lousy job of telling you what is taking up the space. If you look in settings on your iPhone, then connect to a computer and look in iTunes, the total free space will likely be very different. You are left guessing. And so are we.

Most likely you have a very large category called, "Other". It's like toxic waste: You don't know exactly what it is. And it is practically impossible to get rid of. Restoring the phone sometimes is all that is needed to clear up the space. Sometimes, it is space reserved by the OS when streaming a movie from iTunes. You might want to look at the following:

How to find and remove 'Other' files from iPhone and iPad | iMore

Keep us informed if you make any progress.
    07-13-2016 09:49 AM