iCloud usage

I

iMore Question

Hi, Can someone explain to me how the iCloud feature works or pros/ cons with it? I wasn't explained this feature, and not sure how to get into or change my account. My second issue is my photos are going to an iCloud album which I didn't put them in. I assume it's automatic. I'm not sure if my photos are being sent somewhere and who has access to it.
Any help would be great. Thanks!

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't wait to get the answer to this myself. I can't seem to go into iTunes to see what I have in my icloud or even delete individual photos. That is why I use dropbox and amazon pictures. I can then do what I want with my uploaded photos and videos.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Icloud is online storage. Just like dropbox but integrated in iOS and some of its apps.
If your photos are sent to iCloud you have turned it on in settings.

You can login to iCloud on the web. Photos should be private as default. You have to specify photos or albums to share.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Icloud is online storage. Just like dropbox but integrated in iOS and some of its apps.
If your photos are sent to iCloud you have turned it on in settings.

You can login to iCloud on the web. Photos should be private as default. You have to specify photos or albums to share.

Is there an address? icloud.com? I'm at work so can't access it now.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there an address? icloud.com? I'm at work so can't access it now.

Yes, iCloud.com is the right web address for iCloud.
If you go to Settings > iCloud on your device you can manage what gets synced with and to iCloud.
Knowing that Apple is very serious about privacy and isn't shy of going against court orders, you can say your data is safe.

cmbrite817

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Ok, but when I go to settings it says photo stream. I turned that off, but do I also need to turn off the photo sharing one. When I attempted to it says all my photos will be deleted from my iPhone.
Also how do I eliminate my storage or make room. I take a lot of pics which later get uploaded to my computer.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not like Dropbox. iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. If you delete from the device, it's also deleted from iCloud.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2