What does it mean when your phone keeps telling you " No SIM card installed"?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My husband, who has an iPhone 5 just texted me that question. Apparently he's getting a message on his phone that there is no Sim card installed.

The suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
re: What does it mean when your phone keeps telling you " No SIM card installed"?

Have your just husband remove his SIM card from the phone and put it back in. This happens generally after the phone has fallen.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Have your just husband remove his SIM card from the phone and put it back in. This happens generally after the phone has fallen.

Yup! Generally ejecting the SIM and putting it back in will get the card to be recognized. If not, you may need to take a trip to your carrier store and get a new one.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone. He has got it working right now. He followed some instructions he found on Apple's site, which included turning airplane mode off and then on again, and then restarting his phone. He stopped short of removing the SIM card because he was in a place where he really couldn't do that. The good news is that everything seems to be back to normal. Howver, if this happens again, he'll try removing the sim card.

Again this is a 5 which he's had it for 3-4 years. It's a work phone and he doesn't want a new one because the current "work plan" gives him unlimited data. A new phone would come with a "new plan" that does not include unlimited data. Personally, I think that's silly because a new phone would be so much better!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2