Why did my screen shatter if I have an OtterBox?

I

iMore Question

K so yesterday i was driving my bike and my phone feel out of my pocket without me knowing, so I myself turn around on my bike, there was my phone CRACKED... Can anyone give me a explanation to why my screen cracked in an OtterBox case for the iphone5s... and why say they are so grate when there not... i just really hope something can be done, if i could get a new screen or phone this would be nice only the fact is i cant affored a brand new phone and i kinda need one considering im job sharing. if you get back to this would be lovely. :) thanks.

Sincerely:Emily

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why did my screen shatter if i have an OtterBox

Wow, that is a real shame! :( Have you contacted Otterbox directly? Also, which Otterbox case do you have?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Why did my screen shatter if i have an OtterBox

While an OtterBox case does offer excellent protection it does NOT prevent damage from any and all falls, especially a fast moving bike! Also there are different Otterbox models some offering better protection than others. For example the Otterbox Defender is MUCH better than the Otterbox Communter. You will have to use the phone with the crack (may people do), with a screen protector on it to protect yourself, OR replace the phone if you had insurace, or buy a used iPhone.

Here's the Otterbox support number, but I don't think they will do much more than replace the case....

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...otterbox.com%2Fen-us%2Fsupport&token=Glmmnjro

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73