No video sound

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 running the latest iOS. Every one or two days I lose video sound (with anything that plays video - apps that contain video, Facebook, YouTube etc). All other sounds (ringer, tones, voice recordings, games etc) work fine. I restart the phone and everything is fine again for a day or two.

Any ideas? The temporary fix is simple (restart) but it's ridiculously annoying to have to do so often.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is the first I'm hearing of such a bug.

What iOS version are you on? Did you send a bug report to Apple?

Next time try flipping the mute switch on and off before doing a restart. It's not convenient but less annoying than a restart.

I hope somebody with more insight in this problem comes along to help you out.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
This is the first I'm hearing of such a bug.

What iOS version are you on? Did you send a bug report to Apple?

Next time try flipping the mute switch on and off before doing a restart. It's not convenient but less annoying than a restart.

I hope somebody with more insight in this problem comes along to help you out.

iOS is the latest version. I have tried the mute switch, it has no effect.

I also submitted a bug report using the online form.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost wondering if there's an app hijacking your audio. When it happens, Try double tapping your home button and swiping an app out of your app switcher, then testing out your sound again. Repeat as necessary until you (hopefully) get your sound back. Whatever app was closed just prior to your sound returning is your problem.
That may or may not actually work. Worth a try though!

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It was a good idea but I closed everything but the YouTube app and tried, and then again with just Facebook open and there was still no sound with either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox