Sync cloud and overwrite contacts on phone to mirror cloud
I just got my first iphone. I transferred all my contacts (like ten thousand) to my new phone (ATT tech did it for me). Problem is they all came out delectated and mixed. I was told to go to the cloud on my PC and fix them. I did this and it was very easy.
Everything I did on the cloud did in fact add to my contacts, but all the old clutter is still on the phone (now it is worse). I want my phone to mirror the cloud.
- 06-19-2016, 01:28 PM #2
Re: Sync cloud and overwrite contacts on phone to mirror cloud
First go to Settings > iCloud on your iPhone and disable contacts. When asked, choose to delete all contacts on the phone.
Than go to the cloud, fix your contacts again like you want them to be
Now. Go to your phone, make sure there are no any contacts in Contacts. If there are, delete them
Now go back to Settings > iCloud and enable contacts. It can take a while till all you're contacts are synchronized to your iPhone.
From now on, everything you do on your phone in Contacts will be synced to iCloud and vice versa.
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook AirReplies: 4Last Post: 06-22-2016, 09:18 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone SEReplies: 4Last Post: 06-21-2016, 05:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2016, 10:02 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2016, 08:45 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2016, 08:00 AM