How can I get all my music to sync?
I'm a recent Apple convert from Google and Android.
When I bought my first Apple devices a few months ago, one of my first priorities was getting all my music uploaded into Apple's ecosystem and available across devices. I used a MacBook Air to upload everything into iTunes from the external hard drive where the music files were stored.
Some of the individual songs/albums cannot, however, be played on my iPhone. They appear in the "my music" section of Apple Music, but tapping on them to play them gets an error message that the items are unavailable.
Could this be because I was not subscribed to iTunes Match at the time I uploaded the library to iTunes? I now have subscriptions to both Apple Music and iTunes Match.-Do I need to go back to iTunes again and "refresh" the original upload?
Sorry if the question seems a bit dumb, but I can't find a straight answer anywhere, and this process was a bit less cumbersome in Google's ecosystem
- 06-08-2016, 09:53 AM #2
- 38,409 Posts
Re: Need some help getting all my music synced.
What is the format of the songs/albums that won't play on your iPhone?
Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-08-2016, 05:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2016, 09:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2016, 08:31 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2016, 08:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2016, 08:00 AM