Why are my contact names not appearing, and why do my apps not let me take or upload photos?

I

iMore Question

When I go to my messages app, the numbers are there, as well as the conversations, but not the name itself. When I go to the symbol thing in the top right corner to write a new message, my contacts also don't show up. In addition, when I open Instagram, an app I've had for more than a year, it says I cannot takes photos on the app or post photos from my library. Same thing on snapchat. What should I do?
P.S. I have like no storage left, could this be why?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Low storage can really mess with a device but I don't think that's your problem.
First, reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
If that doesn't work go to Settings > Reset > Reset All Settings.
If you're still having problems after all of that it may be time to restore your device. You can try to restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

John McClellan

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem this AM. The camera icon would not let me post pictures on messenger. I turned off the IPHONE 6 and turned it back on and it corrected the issue. The camera icon returned to the darker icon allowing me to use it again.

banana1999

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Low storage can really mess with a device but I don't think that's your problem.
First, reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
If that doesn't work go to Settings > Reset > Reset All Settings.
If you're still having problems after all of that it may be time to restore your device. You can try to restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice