Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

25 Posts

Default Applewebdata:// question.

So I was playing subway surfers and it asked for location access and then a follow up message saying "Applewebdata:// with a long hash key of numbers and letters would like to use your location" the only option was "don't allow" or "ok" I didn't allow it due to not knowing what is it, it proceeded to pop up a few times after that and each time I didn't allow it and now it doesn't pop up anymore. Is this a problem? What the hell is applewebdata and why did it want location access? Is this normal behaviour as I've never seen it before. I couldn't find nothing really related on the web either.

Default Re: Applewebdata:// question.

There are plenty of hits for "applewebdata" in a google search.

It might be perfectly innocent but it seems to have potential for abuse and needs caution, within about 30 seconds I had found this CVE reference which suggests it might have security and privacy implications if you are using a Chrome browser. You need to tell a lot more about your system (notebook? iPad? phone? etc) OS version and at least browsers installed before anyone can offer good advice.