iMessage on iPhone WORK PERFECTLY, even on Cellular, but no FaceTime. Please tell me why?

I

iMore Question

Hello to everyone on iMore forums!
Recently i bought worldwide SIM-Free iPhone from Duty Free Dubai shop.
I used my iPhone in Dubai very short time and i don't have iMessage and FaceTime option on my phone. I know UAE telecommunication laws and i know why people there don't have that apps.
But last week when i came in my born country i put new sim card without any restriction for iMessage and FaceTime, and when i open Message in Settings i saw iMessage "On/Off" toggle and i was surprised how it's that possible. When i switch toggle to "On" for iMessage, that function START WORK PERFECTLY FINE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM EVEN ON LTE network.
When i try to do same thing with FaceTime i saw there is still no FaceTime menu in Settings. I search in my iPhone and i find everywhere FaceTime app (Notification centar, Celluar usage, Apps installed etc. etc...), i want to say FaceTime app is in my phone but is disabled and not showing somеhow.
Please someone who knows this situation to answer on my question: Can i enable FaceTime to work like iMessage works now on my iPhone?
Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm in FYR Macedonia. Here on my other Apple devices FaceTime work without problem, it's not blocked

If you purchased the phone in Dubai, the phone may not even have the Facetime feature. Apple omitted Facetime on some phones for certain countries. That's my understanding. If that's the case, that phone will not get Facetime no matter what country it's in.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But why have iMessage? In Dubai iMessage it's blocked same like it's blocked FaceTime

I have no idea. Check with your local carrier and see if they know what's allowed in your country. What I said may not be the case. But I have heard that occurs. Why iMessage? Different countries vary in what they allow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR