Need help deciding: keep 6s or 6s Plus?

I

iMore Question

Hi all -

I really need help in making a decision as I'm swaying back and forth and can't make up my mind. It's pretty bad.

The thing is - I bought a used 6s Plus for around 400 and have been using it for a bit over a month. I like it - I've had the 6 Plus before - but lately it feels also pretty massive and I miss having a smaller phone (not SE small though). I guess I want a more handheld phone but I love (!!) the battery life of the Plus. It's great. It's the #1 issue I have with making up my mind to switch back to the 6s.

With the 6s - I also bought that phone used but for a better price (coworker sold it to me) for a bit over 250. I wanted to switch back to it immediately but I didn't for some reason .. I'm still using my Plus. I listed both phones on a selling site online because I only need one phone and couldn't make up my mind and the 6s sold. I still haven't shipped it and it's been a few days because I'm so torn. I'd make a really good profit if I'd ship the 6s out to the buyer but at the same time I can't decide if I should just keep it for myself. Any input? Anyone who switched back and forth between 6s Plus and the 6s and regretted going back to the smaller phone?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6s Plus. My wife has a 6s. We both love our devices. My Plus does get better battery life but my wife's 6s still has pretty good battery life.
That being said, if someone agreed to buy your 6s I would say you have an ethical obligation to send it to them, probably sooner than later.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be quite blunt, you put a device up for sale and it sold so ship the device to the awaiting buyer. Take that money and go buy yourself another iPhone 6S. Finally, you can't have it both ways. The 6/6S devices do not have the battery life of the 6/6S Plus device. Period. You already know this in advance so therefore, weigh the pros and cons of each and then decide which to get and then stick with it.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Keep the plus and send the buyer the 6s. The advantages of the 6s plus is more than the 6s, with the plus, you get the 1080p in resolution, you have bigger display thus more real estate. You have the stabilizer in the camera allowing to shoot relatively stable videos while on the move, the keyboard is much easier to type on despite the fact that it's hard some times to use one hand and type on it. But whenever you will decide to use 2 hands to type, you will very comfortable, plus you can always use dictation to send short messages. You can landscape the home screen and have much better view of your mails and many other apps you can use in landscape mode. The speaker on the plus is even larger and louder than the regular 6S, the hard body of the 6S plus make it not to fear putting it in your pants pocket, with the 6S plus, you will hardly need an iPad as it's very comfortable to watch HD movies on, to read long books on it, to browse the Internet on it, heck I even edit 4K videos on my iPhone 6S plus in iMovies with ease to crop and resize pictures. And the battery as you know is phenomenal on the 6S plus.
I would let go the 6S easily and stay happily with the 6S plus. I hope these can help ease your mind in keeping the 6S plus as it's truly more features than the regular 6S, fact is the 6S plus cost even more $ than the regular 6S.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW