Should I replace my MBP 15" Retina screen?
I broke the screen of my MBP when I closed it with my earphones on the keys. I've managed to get by with what pixels I have left but a course I'm starting in June requires a working laptop.
It will cost $1,070AU to replace. Or I could buy a new 13" MBP retina for $3,000AU. What would you do?
- 05-20-2016, 12:09 PM #2
- 4,182 Posts
Re: Should I replace my MBP 15" Retina screen?
Welcome to iMore!
First I would take into consideration the age of your rMBP. At most it is only 4 years old, so I would have the screen repaired. The other option would be to buy the a new 13" rMBP and sell your 15" for parts or as damaged to recover some of your cost on buying the new one. Tough call as the 15" is a powerful machine even today. Even it is one the first introduced in June 2012, you would still get a few years out of it. Only way I think I would go for new was if I wanted the latest and greatest tech available to me.
- By Malek Yamout in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 15Last Post: 05-22-2016, 06:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-20-2016, 04:02 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad mini 2Replies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2016, 12:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 05-20-2016, 11:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2016, 10:35 AM