Help keep wifi on while sleep...
Does anybody have a workaround to keep the wifi from dropping while "sleep" and reconnecting on "wake?" This has become an annoyance since I started a new job. I don't have cell reception but they do provide public wifi for us to use which is great. But I'm finding that I'm missing messages, email, and other notifications when the screen is off. Things I've tried:
Plugging in my iPhone to a power source. (It still disconnects and then reconnects)
Restored iPhone as new.
Reset network information.
Set auto lock to never.
None of these have worked. My co-workers S7 stays connected to wifi the entire time. Is this an "iPhone thing" or a "my phone thing?"
- 05-21-2016, 10:23 AM #2
- 05-21-2016, 11:39 AM #3
Re: Help keep wifi on while sleep...
You should get your email and messages regardless of whether wifi is connected or not. I don't recall if that's happened with my 6s Plus. I do recall it on my old iPhone 5. But I just checked both phones, and when I wake them, they're both connected to wifi. There's no delay in connectivity. Yet it used to do it all the time. Try going to Settings > WiFi > Toggle "Ask To Join Networks" on. See if that helps.
- By iMore Question in forum iOS 9Replies: 2Last Post: 05-21-2016, 09:51 AM
- By oswaldguanyu in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 05-20-2016, 07:29 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-20-2016, 06:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2016, 06:10 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2016, 10:12 PM