Is it normal that the capacity is only 232gb for a 256gb base model?
My ipad2 is a 64gb but actually reflect 57.2gb
However iPad Pro 256gb gives you 232gb.
What happen to the missing 24gb?
Both sets are running IOS9.3..
Why the disparity?
- 04-19-2016, 06:45 AM #2
- 04-19-2016, 06:56 AM #3
- 04-19-2016, 03:10 PM #4iMore Specialist
- 1,347 Posts
Re: Is it normal that the capacity is only 232gb for a 256gb base model?
The operating system has to go somewhere. Each time Apple adds new new features to the OS it gets a tiny bit bigger, so putting the OS on the main storage is the most cost effective way to go.
- By Avishka Perera in forum MacBook ProReplies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2016, 05:49 AM
- By iwicked in forum iTunesReplies: 6Last Post: 04-19-2016, 07:24 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 04-19-2016, 07:04 AM
- By hamzawesome in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-19-2016, 02:09 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-19-2016, 01:40 AM