Experience on this protector.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors give protection from scratching and provide a replaceable outer skin if scratches happen. It is very unlikely that any (glass or film) screen protector will give much protection from cracking which usually happens as a result of dropping or severe pressure. You need one of the better quality cases which have protection around the edges of the phone body.

Pyry Jalonen

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Well, my current one saved me from a drop, although it cracked. It just scratches so easily that I didn't want to buy another one from the same company.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most of it boils down to how it falls. I wouldn't rely on just a screen protector. It's as Branta says. A good case is your best protection from cracks and shattering. But then, nothing is guaranteed.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Prior to my 6s Plus, I've always used a screen protector (Zagg brand), but this go round I decided to forgo screen protection and I'm HAPPY to report after six months of normal use, I have NO scratches on my screen or iPhone. I guess when Apple announced that the 6s/6s Plus had the hardest most scratch resistance screens ever put on an iPhone they are correct.
I'm glad because with the rounded screen edges it doesn't look attractive to me with a screen protector on....just my .02 cents

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not using a screen protector on my 6s Plus. After 7 months, there's no scratches or nicks. I do use the Otterbox Commuter. It affords plenty of drop protection.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My kids and I all have glass protectors on our devices and they've worked great. My daughters drop their phones ALL THE TIME! Their protectors will crack but their screens are all in good shape. They do have decent cases on their phones as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox