Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

489 Posts

Default email adresses

can anyone tell me (step by step preferably) how I can change the info given in the ”From" line in a sent email ? I would prefer only my email to appear, not my name, it leads to all sorts of people I don't know addressing me by my christian name and I don't like it ! Only my iPad does this,not my iPhone and I can only suppose this is to do with how the iPad is set up. I would appreciate the help.
    iMore Elite

2,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

Default Re: email adresses

If I have read your question correctly, go to Settings > Mail > (mail account in question) > Account

In there, the top row should say 'Name' and it will probably be filled in. Remove the name and add in whatever you want.

If i've misinterpreted you, my apologies and please let me know where I went wrong.

Default Re: email adresses

In addition, any recipient who knows you will more than likely add your name in association with your email address in their contact list, and therefore, when they receive any email messages from the email address you send, your name, however they have it listed in their contact list, will appear in the from field.
    TurboTiger likes this.