Ipad mini 4 vs iPad Air 2. Which one should I buy?

I

iMore Question

Dear All, I'm on the lookout for a new iPad. I've only ever owned an iPad mini (1st gen.). And I'm finding it difficult to choose between the iPad mini 4 and iPad Air 2.

Both of them fit my budget; but I can't seem to decide between the screen sizes. Compared to the iPad mini, how big does the Air 2 feel (also in terms of weight)?

I liked the mini's size and portability but I'm having second thoughts since both Air and the mini now cost the same. Is the Air 2 better than the mini 4 in terms of performance?

I've watched tons of youtube reviews but still can't seem to zero-in on a decision. Looking for some help from people who've used both...Which one of them is a better long time investment?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have used both and kinda have both. I like the mini for laying in bed and watching tv. It's lightweight and easy to hold. I have the iPad Pro 9.7 and there is definitely a weight difference but I prefer the screen size when I am doing work. If I had to only have one- personally I think I would go for the mini.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPad Mini, but it's primarily used by my youngest son, and the 9.7" iPad Pro (same size as the Air 2). I'm in agreement with Phreddyl in that there is a weight difference, and that the iPad Mini is ideal for reading because of it low weight and small size. Having said that, the iPad Air 2 isn't that big of a size difference, in my opinion, and it can be used as both a reader and a general work device, with a suitable screen size. It's probably because I enjoyed the size of the iPad 2 as well as the fact of having a Kindle Paperwhite and a Nook for reading purposes that I never quite warmed up to the iPad Mini and therefore, I would easily choose the iPad Air 2 over the Mini 4. Still, the choice is yours to make, and good luck with whatever you choose to get. Take care.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner