Which is the better waterproof/shockproof iPhone 5s case, Lifeproof vs Incipio Atlas?

I

iMore Question

I'm looking for a new case for my phone. I currently have a Lifeproof Fre that I got 2 years ago but I am not happy with it and was hoping to find something else to try but all the reviews I could find said it was one of the best. The reasons I'm not happy is because after about a year it started separating from the screen cover and my home button cover has come off. I don't have a rugged lifestyle and it's never been in water yet, just dropped a lot (on the floor). Also, I've have a lot of trouble with call quality, the other end not being able to hear me or saying it cuts off when I can hear them fine. It is a big annoyance that I have to literally yell for some people to hear me.
I don't plan on taking my phone in the water with me but want peace of mind for if it gets dropped in the toilet or I'm outside and it gets some rain on it or dropped in the ocean while at the beach. Also curious which one is more grippy? My old phone I had an Otterbox Defender which was a rubbery case and gripped great! The Fre is plastic and I find it falls a lot more than necessary.
I appreciate all the help!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Can't give you any feedback about Incipio Atlas, but I can commiserate with you about the poor call quality. Nobody could hear me, so I went back to an Otterbox. It was clunkier, but as you say, it had great grip!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Agreed.

I can only tolerate my LP Fre for about a day or so, then get really annoyed. The screen protector and actual phone come apart and you have to press really hard on the screen, I have to use the adapter in order to use my Bose headphones, and the calls/sounds sound really muffled.

Other than these things, it's a great case lol. The same case for the iPhone 6 is a little better imo.

I have since ordered a Otterbox Defender and am waiting for it now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner