How can I turn off iPad OS update nags?
Unfortunately, I am saddled with an iPad for work. Given that the apps on it are of a flight safety nature, and they are not always compatible with OS updates, I would like to limit my iPad from looking for or downloading ( or even nagging me about) updates unless I specifically command it to do so. Since some of these updates are irreversible, and those that aren't would still take time to fix, I worry that one wrong tap on a nag screen will cause an undesired update.
Keeping it offline is not a solution as network access is required to load flight plans, access documents, etc.
Why would there not be a simple setting in the OS to do this in the first place?
- Best AnswerApr 12 2016 | 7:11 pm EDT
At the moment, you cannot natively disable any prompts to update to a new IOS version - at least not to my knowledge.
- 04-12-2016, 07:11 PM #2
Can I select which photos on my Mac are uploaded to iCloud or do they all get uploaded automatically?By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2016, 07:06 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-13-2016, 11:23 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2016, 11:45 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2016, 11:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2016, 11:00 AM