New iphone - What will happen if i don't use it for a long time?

I

iMore Question

I got a new iphone 6 and I was wondering wat will happen if i close it and put it back inside the box and i dont use it for a month, will any damage happen to it or to the battery? I have used it twice or so, on some days...and I realised something weird, i left it on overnight and the battery had drained about 10%? and i was shocked as it's new and when i first got my iphone 5 i used to leave it at 2% and wake up and it wud still be at 2%, so why did it drain so much?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I got a new iphone 6 and I was wondering wat will happen if i close it and put it back inside the box and i dont use it for a month, will any damage happen to it or to the battery? I have used it twice or so, on some days...and I realised something weird, i left it on overnight and the battery had drained about 10%? and i was shocked as it's new and when i first got my iphone 5 i used to leave it at 2% and wake up and it wud still be at 2%, so why did it drain so much?
when the phone is new, quite a lot of background processes are running, like indexing and restoring backup, so it's quite normal to have an higher than usual battery drain. It should fix itself in a couple of days (keep an eye on it).

The best way to store an unused iPhone is to charge the battery to 70% and the turn it COMPLETELY OFF (not just in standby).

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

No, there will be no damage to the phone or to the battery. As Max said, when the phone is new there are a lot of background process and updates going on, so that's nothing to be worried about. Take note though that even when you completely shut down the phone that over time the battery will still drain. Very slowly, but it will still drain. If you leave it in the box for a long period of time, be prepared to charge it up when you decide to use it again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73