I'm ready to upgrade my iMac but....

I

iMore Question

I'm ready to upgrade my imac but.......

I have a 4-5 year old imac 21 inches with a two TB HD, at 7200 rpm.

the newer models seem to only offer then at 1 TB and 5200 rpm. or flash drives with a measly 250 gigs.

literally the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a new system is this.

the day apple offers a 2 TB flash drive imac 21 inch system (or laptop) is the day I
I'll be buying it.

Are their any rumors about apple maybe doing this perhaps this fall? I can't figure out why apple is still offering computers with only 250 gigs. if you're like me and buy lots of movies on iTunes and such it's just not enough.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: I'm ready to upgrade my imac but.......

Welcome o iMore!

I don't know weather or not Apple will be offering that, but we added an SSD drive to our old Macbook from 2006. I don't see why you can't add a new HD to your iMac.. since the warranty is outdated anyway.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: I'm ready to upgrade my imac but.......

Welcome to iMore!

I will have to agree. That would make an iMac an expensive machine. The Fusion is a nice alternative for both speed & storage. As for movies and large amounts of storage needed, that is what external drives are for. I have over 1100 movies myself and not a one of them is stored on my iMac. I have a couple of 5TB Seagate Personal Cloud external drives for my movies. I use Plex with them and it works perfect with my TV3 & 4. I personally think you need to look at it from a different approach, rather than wanting a 2 TB SSD. There are some good alternatives out there, one that I just suggested to you with external drives.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73