Why cant i text android phones outside off At&t
I recently got a 6plus s and for some reason i cant text any android phone outside of att, i can recieve texts from them but i cant send back, att said i have to take the phone to apple, so im thinking because they accepted a default phone and sold it, i have to pay for whatever happens internally.... LoL
Plus i dont have apple care! Any other ideas that may help and save me some cash will be greatly appreciated !!! Thank you for reading
- 03-31-2016, 07:18 PM #2iMore Specialist
- 1,345 Posts
Re: Why cant i text android phones outside off At&t
Welcome to iMore,
Go in to your phones Settings > Messages and disable iMessage. You can also try turning it off and then back on. iMessage works outside of your carrier and only works between two apple devices. Regular text messages go through your carrier.
You can tell the difference between regular text messages and iMessages by looking at the text box (where your text gets typed before you hit Send). The iMessage one says in light text in that box "iMessage", and to the right of the box is a mic icon. Regular text messages do not have that. The iMessage one should only come up if you are messaging another iPhone user.
If the above does not work try resetting your network settings in your phone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
And if that doesn't work you may end up having to contact your cell phone provider.
- By billyboydoy in forum iPhone 6Replies: 6Last Post: 04-02-2016, 06:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2016, 12:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2016, 03:24 AM
- By iMore Question in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2016, 11:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2016, 08:33 PM