how to remove Apple Id on iMessage without needing to sign in
I'm trying to use iMessage on my macbook air. i had an Apple Id that was already onto this computer but i don't remember the password. the more sickish part is that i can't even use "forgot my password" because i forgot the password to my email as well. so i made a new email and apple id now i just want to add it to my iMessage so I'm able to talk. i want to delete this account off my computer so i can put my new one but it doesn't give me an option. so help how do i erase it without having to sign on?
- 03-30-2016, 06:39 PM #2iMore Specialist
- 1,347 Posts
Re: how to remove Apple Id on iMessage without needing to sign in
Welcome to iMore,
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do until you can obtain those passwords. Use the password retrieval methods provided with your email account, and then use the password retrieval method/email address for your device. The emergency password retrieval email address is not the same as your Apple ID login.
Otherwise there's nothing that can be done, unless you bring the device along with your purchase receipt and your state ID. They won't help you without both receipt and state ID.
- By doc16mom in forum Apple WatchReplies: 13Last Post: 04-12-2016, 08:06 AM
- By Cheeks12 in forum iPhone SEReplies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2016, 01:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2016, 06:02 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2016, 05:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2016, 04:40 PM