My screen has gone blank and I can't get it back up. It rings but of course I can't anser.

I

iMore Question

I have tried rebooting but since the screen is blank it doesn't seem to be rebooting. Please help. I am stuck in no where land.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Is it a white screen? Have you tried hard reset, soft reset, DFU mode, and recovery mode? If it continues to be stuck you can take it in to the apple store and they can do something about that.

I read this might help: "Press and hold the home button, then the up-volume button, then the sleep/power button (so all three buttons are now pressed and held) --- it takes a while, but the white screen will go away and then after another 10 seconds or so (still holding btw!) the apple logo will come up, release the buttons and then wait, it'll boot normally again in a minute or two."

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Try a hard reset (this does not delete anything from the phone): press and hold both Home and Power buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Then release both buttons and allow the phone to restart. If you still have a blank screen then there may be a hardware issue (failing GPU). Take the phone in to your local Apple store and allow the techs at the Genius Bar to have a look.