iOS 9: Duplicated "ghost" icons after updating apps
Since I have upgraded to iOS 9 (from 8.4.1 to 9.2.1 via iTunes), there is a bug on my device. Whenever I update an app, it creates an duplicated "ghost" icon of it. So there are two icons: a normal one, that works (screenshot below does not show it, because it is on another page of the springboard), and a ghost/greyed out one (screenshot shows e. g. Facebook, iMovie, ...) that does not work. If I restart the device (turn off/on) or reset the home screen layout, everything is fine again. Who knows about this issue? What options do I have without restoring it as a new device?
Thanks for your help.
- 03-30-2016, 06:08 PM #2iMore Specialist
- 1,347 Posts
Re: iOS 9: Duplicated "ghost" icons after updating apps
Welcome to iMore,
If a hard reset doesn't fix the issue you'll need to factory reset. A hard reset does not delete your settings or anything, it just sometimes helps to fix wonky behavior.
Hold down both Home and Power buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Then release the buttons and allow the phone to reboot..
- By sing4joy2 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-30-2016, 10:50 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2016, 11:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2016, 07:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-29-2016, 05:15 PM