Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question
    iMore Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Okay so i have an iphone 6s and everytime im on the phone and want to take a screenshot of my phone call it ends my call like thats lame asf is their anway i cant fix it to where it wont do it anymore
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Welcome to iMore! Nope.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Just hold it different. Use your right thumb to press the side power button. Just don't put your fingers on the volume button on the other side. Or do like I do and use Assistive Touch in Accessibility. Works great for me.
    Jacinth likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Just hold it different. Use your right thumb to press the side power button. Just don't put your fingers on the volume button on the other side. Or do like I do and use Assistive Touch in Accessibility. Works great for me.
    OP is trying to take a screenshot while on a phone call without hanging up the call. I don't think it has anything to do with the volume buttons.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    OP is trying to take a screenshot while on a phone call without hanging up the call. I don't think it has anything to do with the volume buttons.
    Misread. In that case, the Assistive Touch option would be perfect.

    OP, Try the Assistive Touch button in Accessibility. You can set it to use a 3 click of the home button to bring it up and dismiss it. Works great for me.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Misread. In that case, the Assistive Touch option would be perfect.

    OP, Try the Assistive Touch button in Accessibility. You can set it to use a 3 click of the home button to bring it up and dismiss it. Works great for me.
    So using the ON/OFF button in AssistiveTouch during a call doesn't end the call? Interesting.
  7. #7  

    Default Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    So using the ON/OFF button in AssistiveTouch during a call doesn't end the call? Interesting.
    It's not the on/off button. It's the screenshot button.

    But I've never tried it while talking.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 03-25-2016 at 08:07 AM.
  8. #8  

    Default Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    I just tested doing a screenshot using the power and home buttons while talking to my wife on my 6s Plus. It worked fine. It also worked using Assistive Touch.

    OP, Try again. Maybe your pressing one button too much ahead of the other.

    Here's more about this:
    Call ends when pressing power button?

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

    Pressing the power button will, indeed, cut your conversation off of a call. But a screenshot by pressing both the power and home buttons should not end a call.
    Note: If you're on speaker phone or a headset, the power button will not end the call.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 03-25-2016 at 08:29 AM.
  9. #9  

    Default Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I just tested doing a screenshot using the power and home buttons while talking to my wife on my 6s Plus. It worked fine. It also worked using Assistive Touch.

    OP, Try again. Maybe your pressing one button too much ahead of the other.

    Here's more about this:
    Call ends when pressing power button?

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

    Pressing the power button will, indeed, cut your conversation off of a call. But a screenshot by pressing both the power and home buttons should not end a call.
    Note: If you're on speaker phone or a headset, the power button will not end the call.
    There has to be a trick to it then. I tested it before posting my initial response and I hung up the call. The screenshot still came through though.
    I never noticed the screenshot button in Accessibility. Good call!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    There has to be a trick to it then. I tested it before posting my initial response and I hung up the call. The screenshot still came through though.
    I never noticed the screenshot button in Accessibility. Good call!
    Only thing I can figure is the power button is bring pressed a tad before the home button. I just have the Touch!

Similar Threads

  1. [GUIDE] How-To Enable Wifi Calling in iOS
    By robertk328 in forum Guides & How-To Articles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-21-2016, 10:26 AM
  2. [GUIDE] Where to find the song rating stars in iOS 9.3
    By Sherry_B in forum Guides & How-To Articles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 08:37 AM
  3. Can the new iPad Pro attach read/write to an external drive?
    By iMore Question in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 09:59 PM
  4. With the latest download, my podcasts on my iPod are now in the cloud?
    By iMore Question in forum iPod & iPod Touch
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions