I dropped my iPhone 6s in water yesterday. I could not turn it off.

I

iMore Question

I dried it with a towel and a hand dryer in the restroom before putting it in rice. I did not know to turn it off immediately.I have had it in the rice for 24 hours and all is working except the sleep/wake button. What should I do? It is not backed up and I don't want to loose any information, etc.

Mitko Iliev

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
You should take it in to an Apple Store and tell them exactly what happened.There will most likely be a fee to have it replaced but it's better than buying a new phone or in your case worrying about information.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

It sounds like you need to bring it in to the Genius Bar at your local Apple store. I cannot guarantee that they won't have to reset your phone, so be prepared that you may lose anything that was not backed up.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I dried it with a towel and a hand dryer in the restroom before putting it in rice. I did not know to turn it off immediately.I have had it in the rice for 24 hours and all is working except the sleep/wake button. What should I do? It is not backed up and I don't want to loose any information, etc.

If you are able to back the phone up do that since the phone is on. Keep charging the phone. Then do as what is suggested above.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2